The Broward Refuge Ministry meets at the LifeNet4Families Cooperative Feeding Program building near downtown Fort Lauderdale only on Sundays.
Here are some of the activities you can participate in as we love on the homeless in our community:
- In the Kitchen: cooking, cleaning and serving a hot meal to our guests
- Setting up / taking down tents and chairs for the church services
- Put together "Love Bags" with travel-size hygiene products in a gallon-sized zip-top bag to distribute after our meal
- Help distribute "Love Bags" and build relationships by sharing the love of Jesus!
- Taking prayer requests and praying for the guests
- Clean up: sweeping and mopping the kitchen, and cleaning the bathrooms
The time commitment is a Sunday from 8:45am - 12:30pm.
This work is gritty, hot, sweaty and smelly. It isn't for the faint of heart. Please prayerfully consider your involvement.
If you feel led by the Lord to participate in this urban outreach to the lost, the least and the last, then sign up and serve!